The 6-Feet Rule May Be The Key to Ending Coronavirus
The "6-Feet Rule" is extremely important in the fight against Coronavirus. So what is the "6-Feet Rule"?
Coronavirus is scary for so many people, but also frustrating. School has been cancelled. Social events have been postponed. Hospitals have instituted strict visiting guidelines. And people are advised to practice social distancing, which means to stay at least six feet apart, and to even work from home if they can. Too much? Science tells us no.
COVID-19 is primarily spread through respiratory droplets, which means to become infected, people generally must be within six feet of someone who is contagious and come into contact with these droplets.
Listed below are things we need to do to keep COVID-19 from spreading.
- Practice social distancing, which means avoid group gathers and stay 6 feet apart from others.
- Stay home if you’re sick, except to seek medical care.
- Wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your cough and sneeze followed by hand-washing.
- Stay up to date on your state and/or county health departments’ guidelines.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for how to keep yourself and your family safe and prepared.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for travel.